Thank you for stopping by! My name is Nicole Chilton, and I live in Southwest Missouri. I am a writer and artist, and a community arts advocate through The Springfield Regional Arts Council.
My current work explores dream interpretation through art journaling, collage, and mixed-media abstract formats. My dreamscapes are a vivid wonderland, often terrifying, and a place that I can never quite shake. Through exploring the key elements that remain in my brain hours after leaving that world, I am interested in learning if there are recurring themes or symbols that can give me guidance in my waking life.
I consider dreams to be my “deleted scenes,” ones that no audience will ever have the privilege to see. I can’t wait to share some of the final projects with you.
My professional website is NicoleChilton.com, but here you will find my inner musings and photos of current projects.
Current and upcoming exhibits:
- Sangha Yoga on Commercial Street, Springfield MO
- Modern Myths & Muses, Springfield MO April – May 2019
Past exhibits include:
- Rated SGF featured Artist, March 2019
- Big Modern Pop Up, October 2018
- 99x at Springfield Art Museum, September 2018
- Artsfest on Walnut Street, May 2017 & 2018
- Mid-Town Carnegie Library, Springfield MO, September-November 2017
- Bookmarx Bookstore, “Floriography” Solo Show, April 2017
- The Creamery Arts Center “Caught My Eye,” November 2016
- Hotel Vandivort Featured Artist, November 2016
- Springfield Regional Airport, “Sparkling Red Show” September 2016
- The Creamery Arts Center Member Show, June 2016
- Tea Bar & Bites Bakery Cafe, solo show, May 2016
- Springfield Regional Airport, “The Big Show” May 2016
For day-to-day glimpses of my process, I am on Instagram: @nicole.chilton.art
Thank you for stopping by!