There are currently three books on my night stand, plus about six in my Kindle, and every time I start one, I get about three pages in and decided I want to read a different book instead. Six pages into the next one, I decide it’s not the one for me right now, so maybe I should just check Instagram or play Words With Friends on my phone.
Does this happen to you? The books I have right now are all *my* kind of books, but I just can’t get into anything right now. Any suggestions for something to kick start my reading regimen again?
Here’ what I have:
- Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery
- The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker
- Summer in the City by Candace Bushnell
- Room by Emma Donoghue
- Inside Scientology by Janet Reitman (shoot, I’m going to be on their watch list now, aren’t I?)
- 11/22/63: A Novel by Stephen King
- Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Book Store by Robin Sloan
- I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron
- Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear
Have a good weekend everyone!