Last year my only resolution was to “not worry about losing weight.” Considering I found out on New Year’s Eve that I was expecting a baby, it was probably the first resolution I’ve ever successfully accomplished. With that achievement behind me, I have set some high expectations for myself in 2012. I won’t list them all here, but mostly they’re about going the extra mile. I’ve tended to cut a lot of corners in 2011, what with pregnancy fatigue, recovery fatigue, and newborn fatigue, so now I need to shape up and get going!
One thing I am going to try is a weekly goal. These expectations aren’t huge, very small, in fact.
- Meatless MONDAY – a throwback to WW2 days, and a nod to our environment, by cutting out meat in our diet. I don’t think I ever want to become 100% vegetarian, but I do want to be more mindful of our meat products.
- No TV TUESDAY – this is going to be tough. I was soooo tired during pregnancy, so TV was an easy way to rest while keeping the kiddo occupied. Then once I gave birth, it was a necessary tool while I recovered. Now it’s just become a bad habit and a crutch. I don’t mind TV, I think it can be a handy tool. But I need to cut back on the amount we watch.
- Workout WEDNESDAY. One day a week, only 10 minutes. If I can do that, I can do anything. Like work out more…
- Throw away or thrift THURSDAY: Somehow, we have filled every closet, every drawer, every room in a 4,000-square foot home in a matter of six months. I’m not ok with this. So I need to de-clutter every week, and organize my home.
- Fabulous FRIDAY: Do something that makes me feel fabulous. That could be as easy as doing an activity with the kids that makes me feel like a good mom, or as difficult as taking a shower and drying my hair. I just need to make sure I work on my self esteem and body image, now that I have a little girl.
We’ll see how this goes. Wish me luck. I’m excited to hear about any resolutions you might have!