Let’s end this year with a whole weekend of feasting. I managed to gain 35 pounds and lose 37, so why not, right? Here’s what I’m contributing* to the Christmas celebrations:
- Spinach & Artichoke Dip (from my friend Kelley’s recipe)
- Beef Stew (inspired by that same Kelley’s recipe that Dan about dies for)
- Crumble Apple Pie (from my staff member Jonathan’s Mom’s recipe)
- Pumpkin Bread (from my friend Melissa’s Mom’s recipe)
- Belgian waffles with Banana Maple Syrup (from Cooking for Baby cookbook)
- Mimosas (simple recipe: splash of orange juice, a whole lotta champagne…right?)
- Bacon (I actually have no idea how to make bacon)
- Baklava (I need to search online for a recipe. None of my cookbooks have one!)
- Chocolate Gingerbread Cake (Nigella Lawson’s recipe)
- Simon & Garfunkel Corn (inspired by a side dish at Addison’s in Columbia)
- Roasted Pear & Apple sauce (Barefoot Contessa’s recipe)
And to detox on Monday? Well, by eating Stephanie’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles and Chocolate-Covered Oreos, of course.
*if you want any of the recipes, let me know and I’ll email them to you!
**MERRY CHRISTMAS / HAPPY HANUKKAH / WHAT HAVE YOU! Be Safe and Eat Lots!
***What did you make? Will you share one of your recipes in the comments section?