This newborn stage seems to be lasting for.ev.er. Litttle girl still wakes up every 2 – 3 hours to nurse, so I’m a bit exhausted. The things I’ve done in my sleep deprived state:
- Constantly talk gibberish. Woody & Buzz = Buddy & Wuzz, for example.
- Left my house keys in the front door for 24 hours, and this is AFTER leaving the garage door open at night, prompting a thief to steal my diaper bag and black wool trench coat. Sigh. The diaper bag had one of J’s favorite toys, my sunglasses, and our favorite ABC book. Sigh.
- Stood at the toaster for a good two minutes waiting for a waffle to pop out, realizing, I never even got the waffle out of the freezer!
- Drove about two miles past my house without realizing it.
- Dreamed, while Maggie was crying to eat, that SOMEONE NEEDS TO FEED THAT CRYING BABY!!! WHY ISN’T ANYONE FEEDING HER???? Oh yeah, that’s my job.
I could go on. But luckily, Dan has been on vacation all week, so he’s been helping out with the breakfast routine so that I can get an extra 30 minutes of sleep. Huzzah!
Have a good weekend everyone!